Tuesday, December 13, 2011

All I Know....

More about the title later....but first I must post pictures from the tea party that my sister had for me and my friends this past Saturday.


It's a busy time of year, but it was nice to sit down together and enjoy some yummy treats along with some very good tasting Christmas teas.

Me, Anslea, Tina, Rachel, and Angie (Bonnie, Melissa, and Donna were unable to attend. We sure did miss them!

My sister, the amazing hostess, along with my BFFs

My sister and I

My sister has written a book about tea rooms, and my friends purchased some copies. Here she is signing their books.

I caught a few snapshots of my friends as they were looking at the magazine my sister edits.




Later on in the evening, our family went to see the Christmas lights at Lake Lanier.


I have to say that we had amazing timing. We got there around 6:15 and didn't have to wait long at all. As we were leaving, the line had grown tremendously, so we were really glad we had arrived when we did since Cracker Barrel was calling our names!

It was fun, and the two little ones really enjoyed it. Matthew was asking to go back the next day, and Amelia was soooo excited to be doing something as a family. (Yep, it's been a while.)

I thought it was very similar to the Callaway lights, which is not a bad thing, and it was a little cheaper since you pay by the vehicle and not per person at Lake Lanier.

They had a big Christmas store at the end and what looked like a carnival with rides, but we didn't see anyone on the rides and really didn't want to get out since it was soooo cold, but I kind of wish we would have gotten out and looked around. But, like I said, it was getting way past supper time. LOL

It was nice to get away for the day and do some different things. The past couple of months for me have been a little haywire. And I do mean, for me. I'm sure there are people all over the world who would trade my problems for theirs in a heartbeat, and believe me, I'm quite certain I would not want to do that. But it seems I've had more drama and frustrations in my life in the past few weeks than I've had in years.

Yesterday, as I was feeling that nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach that has been a regular occurrence here lately, I was thinking, "Lord, what is going on? Are you preparing me for something through all of this." Then this song came on the radio:

"All I know is I'm not home yet, This is not where I belong, Take this world and give me Jesus, This is not where I belong."

And all of the sudden, I was like. Oh yeah! This is NOT where I belong! I'm really not supposed to be comfortable here. And it brought me back to a conversation that Anslea, Rachel, and I were having on the way back from the tea party on Saturday. In fact, I think Rachel was talking about this particular song. We were talking about the trials we go through, and Anslea said something like, "If life were perfect all of the time, we would never long for heaven." To which Rachel agreed with and I'm sure is longing for heaven even more now after the loss of a 16-year-old niece a few months ago to cancer. If my problems are ant sized, that one would be elephant sized.

I fully realize that my problems could be elephant sized, and I'm really hoping and praying as I seek the Lord through all of these issues that I would deal with them as He would have me, and most of all, bring Him glory in the process.

Last night as I was reading my Bible before I went to bed, I was drawn to Ecclesiastes 12.

vs. 7-8 Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it. "Vanity of vanities," says the Preacher, "All [is] vanity."

vs. 13-14 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil.

The things I experience or go through are not going to matter, but how I deal with them, react in the situations, or what I do or don't do, is. Am I trusting God to lead me and allowing Him to have full control of the situation or am I staying in a constant state of worry about it and trying to fix it myself? Is it making me bitter toward someone or am I praying for that person and praying for understanding for myself? I could go on and on.......

Where I Belong by Building 429 "So when the walls come falling down on me and when I'm lost in the current of a raging sea, I have this blessed assurance holding me. All I know is I'm not home yet, This is not where I belong, Take this world and give me Jesus, This is not where I belong.........." Click HERE if you'd like to hear the whole song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts