Wednesday, December 28, 2011

More Christmas Moments....

On Saturday evening, we enjoyed a nice, quiet Christmas Eve at home, and there is no place I would have rather been. Cari and Amelia decorated our kitchen table while I worked on our meal ~ with some help from Madison.

For some reason, pasta always sounds good for a Christmas Eve dinner (for several years I made lasagna and then we went to chicken tetrazzini), so I tried a new recipe, and I'm pretty sure it's a keeper. *Bayou Chicken Pasta* (I added some shrimp left over from the appetizer.) I also tried a new appetizer recipe, and it's a keeper as well. *Shrimp Hushpuppies with Vidalia Onion Dip* (I added some imitation crab meat.) I also fixed mine and Brad's favorite salad - Craisin Salad.




After reading about the birth of Christ from Luke 2, we finally stopped torturing the children and let them open their gifts.




Then we watched another Christmas movie (I couldn't get enough of those this year!) and then off to bed to get up early the next morning.....



After playing with their new gifts for a while, we got ready and headed to church for our Christmas Day service. Next, we were off to my mom and dad's ~ always the highlight of Christmas Day.









I guess Christmas is officially over now as all the decorations have been taken down, boxed up, and are now stored away in the attic. But, all in all, I have to say that this Christmas season was amazing this year! Looking back, I feel so grateful and humbled by all that I have been blessed with. Most of all, I am so thankful that Heaven reached down to earth or none of this would be possible. Definitely blessed beyond measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment