Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cari Turned 13!

Cari enjoyed a long birthday weekend with her friends and family. On Friday evening, some of her friends came over after school, and they played the Wii, took silly pictures, ate pizza and birthday cake, watched Cari open her gifts, did manicures, etc. Most of the girls had to leave that night because of softball games, track meet, and a parade taking place early the next day, but we were able to get a few of the girls back on Saturday for a birthday tea party given by my sister and taking place at my mom and dad's home. It was a lot of fun, and the girls really seemed to enjoy it. The celebration continued throughout the day on Saturday, and everyone went home later Saturday evening. Becoming a teenager is a special birthday to have, and I think this one will be a memorable one for her!

Matthew, Amelia, and I went to the grocery store on Friday morning to get the birthday supplies, and those two little ones did a great job of picking everything out. I was going to get a birthday balloon, but Amelia saw the Auburn balloon and said Cari would rather have that one. She was correct! Then they saw the cute little plates and napkins and the Happy Birthday candles nearby on the same aisle, and we decided they would be cute together. I have two great helpers!

I made the birthday cake, and not to brag or anything (LOL!), but I have to say, it was pretty good! It had no choice but to be with all the sugar that was in it. I'm still trying to stick with my resolution and have cut back on my sugar intake, but I guess when I do have it, I do it big! Cari loved it and one of her friends asked me to make them the same cake for their birthday, so it was definitely a win, and hopefully we'll not have any long-term health deficits from it. ;)


Cari and her friends


This is one of Cari's best friends, and interestingly enough, her mom and I used to be best friends when we were in school. As time went on, there were years that we never saw each other. In fact, when Cari started school, she had never met this little girl before, but they found each other and have hit it off pretty well.


Silly girls...it takes more than pizza to hide from my camera!



The beautiful birthday girl at her "Birthday Tea."


Amelia was a big help to my sister in getting the tea party ready. Here she is working away.


My mom has lots of formal dresses that she has picked up at thrift stores over the years, and the girls had a good time dressing up in these for the party. (They later went outside and road the golf cart around the yard - still wearing the dresses.)

May you have many, many more happy birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts