Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter Sunday was absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed worshiping our risen Savior on Sunday morning and then came home to a meal with the family. My mom, dad, and aunt came over, and then the little ones wanted to hide their eggs again that they had brought home from the church egg hunt the day before.

Our Easter meal consisted of chicken cordon bleu (I used organic turkey bacon instead of ham, which I think tastes a lot like ham anyway, and it worked out pretty good), seven-layer salad, green beans, macaroni and cheese (I found an organic version of a Velveeta-type shells and cheese macaroni, and it tasted just like the Velveeta version), sweet potato casserole, and apple cobbler for dessert.

Here are some pictures from our day ~~~



















Here is a picture from the day before of Brad and I as we were leaving to go celebrate our 20th Anniversary at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. It was so much fun to be treated like royalty for an hour and a half. ;) We didn't have to ask for anything ~ the service and food were amazing. We had mushrooms stuffed with seafood/crab meat as an appetizer, and I could have made a meal off of those. I then had the lobster bisque (can't even say that without thinking of the Soup Nazi episode on Seinfeld), which was different. That was my first taste of that kind of soup, and I can't say it was the best soup I've ever had, but it was good. I then had the petite steak, which I could practically cut with my fork, and some delicious mashed potatoes. My meal came with a dessert, and I kept wondering why the waiter was not asking what kind of dessert I wanted. Then after the meal, he brought out this huge slice of chocolate mousse cheesecake ~ complimentary since it was our anniversary. This definitely was not on the small list I was given for my dessert choices, so this was a nice, thoughtful surprise. Brad had a 22 oz. cowboy ribeye along with sweet potato casserole. We were able to bring home a few leftovers, but we had ordered pizza for the kids and told them to pick up some ice cream while they were out, so they weren't too hungry when we got back home. This was a fun day, and I'm thankful that the Lord has blessed me with this man for 20+ years, and I'm looking forward to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment