Friday, April 27, 2012

Gardening

I find gardening so relaxing. Well, if I can keep the puppy out of the way, I find it so relaxing. I was finally able to do some planting yesterday, but she had to temporarily be removed from the premises while I was working.

My sister and her husband introduced us to wheat straw bale gardening last year. They did it, and my dad tried it also, and they had an abundance! So, I'm giving it a try this year. I'm doing a slightly different organic version, so mine is definitely an experiment. I planted cucumbers, cantaloupes, zucchini, and tomatoes in my bales that I had been growing in containers on the deck for a few weeks. Then in some random pots throughout the yard, I planted cilantro, jalapeno peppers, and banana peppers.

Now, if I can keep Annabelle under control, I'm looking forward to seeing what the season brings forth. As soon as I let her out yesterday, she found some leftover seedlings and I guess assumed they were toys? Good thing I wasn't planning on using those.

No comments:

Post a Comment