Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spring Pictures

Amelia is taking a ballet and tap dance class this year. They have a couple of weeks left until their end-of-year recital, and yesterday her teacher arranged a picture day. This isn't her full costume but just what we had at the house before leaving yesterday afternoon. She was a little nervous about doing the dance class at first, especially when she found out she would have to be "on stage" eventually, but she is slowly coming around. I've seen her overcome some of her shyness this year in different ways, and although we're still working on other areas, her willingness to perform in front of people is going to be a big step. I'm looking forward to the recital. I just know all those little girls are going to be adorable!

As soon as we got home, she quickly let her hair down and grabbed her favorite t-shirt and jeans. Then she and Matthew took a little ride.

Someone else was wanting to take a ride!

In an effort to save a little money and also because of the fact that I enjoy small challenges of this sort, I like to buy half-dead flowers that are on sale at Wal-Mart. Here is one I bought last year, and it has come back quite well this year.

Here's a peek at one of my wheat straw bales with some little tomato plants trying to find their way into the world. So far, Annabelle has only torn up one-half of a bale and turned over one pot. :/

Here's another half-dead plant from last year that came back this year. I don't remember exactly what this one looked like, so I'm looking forward to seeing some blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment