Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It Went Well

We accomplished a lot yesterday for it to be a "first day of school."

In fact, by mid-afternoon, my head was feeling a bit like it might explode. Not a headache - just one of those information overload moments.

I also started reading two new books yesterday, so that was a contributor as well. {I started reading another book by Francis Chan yesterday morning, and yesterday afternoon I discovered that Ann Voskamp's 1000 Gifts book was on sale at Amazon for $4.99 for the Kindle, so without hesitation I downloaded that and immediately began reading.}

And using several new pieces of curriculum this year, there was a lot of instructing going on to help with new {or not so much used in the past} concepts.

I also had been flipping through a No Greater Joy magazine and read an encouraging article by Debi Pearl that I don't think was an accident that I came across it as we begin our school year. {Definitely experienced brain overload yesterday but lots of good stuff to overload it with!}

"Knowledge - real, firsthand knowledge that says "I know because I experienced that" - imparts power and confidence and a greater desire to learn and share......Every child needs to have his mind full of possibilities. Every day, on every occasion, open the door and share real life with your children.......Learning facts fills the brain, but hands on learning builds confidence that you can know and do anything." ---Debi Pearl

Today, we have a lot on our to-do list as, among other things, it's time to get Madison ready to go back to school tomorrow. We'll probably take it a little easy on the home school work today and get back at it tomorrow ~ the beauty of homeschooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment