Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Choosing Hard Things

Sunday has truly become a day of rest. Monday through Saturday? Not so much.

But that's okay. I'm fine with that. Really. ;>)

We still haven't found a schedule that works well for us, but we're getting there. My biggest issue has been doctors. Doctors who are seeing a lot of patients and sending the documentation of the visit my way. Also known as transcription. And I'm not complaining at all. I don't want to turn down any work, so I'm making it work.

Cari started taking classes at her co-op last week, so that factor now has to be considered as well. She really enjoyed it, but if she was looking for easy, she didn't find it. Lots of homework is involved (in Government/Civics and Physical Science), but from what I was hearing from other moms, it sounds like she ended up with some good teachers. She also has a drama class, which was by far her favorite. She has one class on Thursdays, which is a home ec class. I think she had been expecting to go straight to the stove on the first day of class, but of course that didn't happen.

A glorious note is that another mom is going to carpool with me on Tuesdays, so I'm going to have some extra hours in my day on Tuesdays! Yes!!!!

(Madison's first day of school as a junior!)




As I've been taking this all in and teetering on the fine line of nervous breakdown because I've yet to have a day in the past three weeks where I've accomplished all that I needed to, I've received some encouraging words from others ~ in person as well as in blogs, etc.

The main thing I've learned in all of this is that sometimes it's best to do the "hard things." Maybe even most of the time, this is best.

I can think of several changes I could make that would make my life just an absolute breeze. But is that what I'm here for - to find the easy way out of every situation? I would love to say yes, but I've read enough of God's word to know that the easy way is definitely not always the best way.

I have some specific goals in mind, and I know that taking the easy route is not going to get me any closer to achieving those. Am I guaranteed to obtain these goals because I chose the hard way? Here it comes again ~ I wish I could say yes. But at least I will know that I gave it all I had, and Lord willing, I will see these things come to pass.




Here's some encouraging words that I read from a couple of my favorite blogs this morning:

"It's okay to not be okay. It's okay to not have it all together. It's not okay to lie. It's not okay to keep things hidden. It's not okay to pretend things are what they are not." (from Resolved to Worship blog) (I printed this and posted it in the school room. Made for some good discussion this morning.)

and from A Holy Experience ~

"It’s never the wasting of time that hurts so much as the wasting of ourselves."

Good words. No matter my age, there's not much time left. Time left to honor God in all I do. Not that I always do that, but I sure do want to. So hopefully, in all of this busy-ness, there will be fruit that God can bless, and most of all, God will be honored in all that is being done.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts