Friday, October 12, 2012

Busy Kids

Miracles do still occur.  Madison's softball team actually made it to the state playoffs! The games were played five hours away from here, very close to the Georgia coast.  I debated on going or not since it was so far, but I'm glad I decided to go.  Me and the other three kiddos, my mom, and my aunt loaded up in the van and headed down that way on Wednesday morning.  It was good to spend the day with my mom and aunt since life is so busy and visits are usually not that lengthy.  The Google map directions were spot on, and we arrived while the team was warming up.


To the huddle for the Lord's Prayer and some quick encouragement.


The starting lineup. (Madison - #2 has been lead-off this season.)


National Anthem....


Play ball!








Playing 3rd base



Unfortunately, our team didn't score any runs at all in either game.  Madison made it to second base one time, and at another point made it to 3rd base, and that was as good as it got.  It was a 2 out of 3 series, so after two games, we were headed home.

{I'm glad that Madison was able to finish the season with her team.  Her getting to play was a little questionable as last week she had been down with pneumonia and very high fevers and had missed all of the region play.  Thankfully, a different antibiotic last Friday started clearing things up, and with lots of rest over the weekend, she was able to return to practice on Monday.}

It was quite a long drive to come back empty handed, but at least they ended it in a memorable way.  So softball is over now, and I can't believe we only have one more year!

Well, school ball is over.  Travel ball starts this Saturday.  :>D

In other news, Cari made her acting debut last Saturday at a local fall town festival.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to hear a word she said.  Her group was first, and I guess nobody had taken into consideration at that point that microphones would be needed.  They'll be performing again soon, so I'm hoping I'll be able to hear her next time.


Cari's drama class is just one of the many classes held at a local homeschool co-op.  Before the students began their performances, it was a wonderful blessing to look over and see them joined together in prayer.  The performances were a blessing as well and Christ centered without a doubt.  Skits were performed, as well as dance/drama routines, and I believe they definitely honored God with their talents.



On the Amelia and Matthew front, I caught them doing some washing outside the other day.  Matthew loves to wash his car.


And Amelia loves to wash Annabelle. (Looks like I caught Annabelle getting Amelia a little wet as well!)


No comments:

Post a Comment