Monday, October 15, 2012

Using Embarrassment as a Motivator

I'm gonna have a little fun on the blog this week and also use this as a motivational tool.  My housework has gone down the tubes here lately.  Like most families I know, we are busy!  In the past couple of weeks, at the end of the day when all of the have-to's have been accomplished and I'm given the choice of finishing my housework or taking a break and relaxing for a bit, taking a break almost always wins out.  So, I've given myself no choice but to do something like this ~ forgive me if this sounds like I'm having a conversation with myself. :>)

In my previous blog, I had once blogged about how I function best when following the Emilie Barnes type of cleaning schedule - deep cleaning one room per day.  As of late, that hasn't even been happening like I would want it to, and that leaves me doing everything on a day when I do have more time.  Not exactly the way I want to spend my free hours.  It's just too overwhelming and tiring.

So how do I plan on embarrassing myself on this blog?  Well, let me back up just a bit.

Whenever I know that company is coming, that is a huge motivator for me.  Or, if someone drops by unexpectedly and the house is a wreck, even though it's too late, afterwards that can be a motivation for me as well.  I like when people drop by ~ no problem with that at all ~ but I do prefer to invite people into my home when it looks nice - and they can see the floor (and not stick to it) - and can find a place to sit down, etc., etc.

So, I'm inviting you into my home, one day at a time, just as if you had dropped by unexpectedly.  You can see the "room(s) of the day" before (in all its embarrassment) and hopefully after.

Monday's rooms are my bedroom and bathroom.  My good camera, which doesn't have a short lens that works, would not get the whole room in the picture, so I used my daughter's iPod.  It didn't make the greatest picture, but I think it will get the point across.

So, ta-da, here's what I have to work with today at some point.  I'm about to have to leave, so it may be late when I get it done, but I just can't leave it looking like this for you to see. ;>)

(Bed stripped and remnants of my children's play time with the puppies.  Didn't get a picture of the bathroom yet, but just imagine a bathroom with towels and clothes lying everywhere.)

UPDATE:  Mission accomplished!  I went ahead and took pictures with my good camera, so the shots are rather closeup ~ I also added in a few more before pics.







After the picking up and putting away, cleaning, wiping, dusting, sweeping, and vacuuming......





Thanks for visiting!  Tomorrow you'll be invited to the kitchen, breakfast room, and foyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts