Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

This week has been so nice!  Even Monday. :>D   Of course, it was definitely not a typical Monday, so it's really not fair to compare it to the others.

(In case you were wondering how I did handle that situation last Monday, I did make the rooms go back to the way they were.  I didn't get angry, but there was definitely frustration and irritation in my "face" and voice.  I realize I could have gotten the same task accomplished without the drama involved and could have kept the joy intact.  At the time, I looked at it as a huge inconvenience to me, a big mess up of my "happy day."  So, that's why I see it as a gift now because I definitely learned something good from it.)

Amelia had her first basketball practice of her life on Monday evening.  She is taking this seriously and having some fun with it, too!  Brad went with her and said she did well, and she came home afterwards intent on practicing what the coach had told them to practice.

On Tuesday, Madison had her first basketball game of the season.  It was actually a scrimmage game but cheerleaders were there, so that made it seem real.  LOL   They won 44-6.  This team was definitely not the type of team we'll be seeing throughout the year, but what an awesome way to start the season!  Madison is a captain for the team this year, so we're off to a good start, and I'm hoping for a better season this time around.

Yesterday, I didn't have much to do, and although the past few years I've waited until after Thanksgiving to start decorating for Christmas, I just couldn't help myself.  I didn't do anything on the inside, but our outside is dressed up for the holiday!

Today, we'll be enjoying Thanksgiving at my sister's house.  She gave instructions to not bring anything but the family, so that's why I'm sitting here leisurely updating the blog while an untold number of women (and men) are working away in the kitchen.  Now that's something to be thankful for.  I do enjoy hosting Thanksgiving, but I also enjoy taking turns. ;)

Tonight, I think I'm going to brave the Black Friday sale at Belk at midnight.  I usually do my Black Friday shopping on-line, but $20 boots are too much to resist.  I realize they may be gone by the time I get to them, but it's a risk I guess I'll be willing to take.

So there's an update from my week.  I hope your week has been nice as well, and may you have a Happy, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts