Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Time to Start Breathing Again

I can't believe this post is taking place, but as a follow-up to my last post almost three months ago, today we laid my mom to rest.  After suffering with the terrible evil disease that cancer is for what seems like a few short months in some ways and an eternity in others, she is no longer suffering and is now with Jesus.  Breaks my heart to even say it, but it's the truth, and even though it seems so very unreal, it is indeed time to face the truth.  I'm sure over the next few days, weeks, months, and even years, I'll be facing the truth many times.  She was a wonderful mother who loved her husband, her daughters, and without question adored her four grandchildren.  It's unbelievable how she's going to be missed.

Life has been put on hold for the past few months as my dad and my sister and I have cared for her the best ways we knew how.  Without a doubt, she left this temporary home knowing that she was deeply loved.

Now it's time to find normal again, and I hope to find time to blog more about our daily life as I've learned through this and understand more than ever how important it is to document our lives and keep those memories in plain view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts