Thursday, January 15, 2015

Just When I Thought Things Couldn't Get Crazier!

Last weekend was FULL.  Thankfully, I stuck to my cleaning goals for the week, and that little fact right there was BIG in keeping things running smoothly.

It started on Friday when Cari asked to have a Bible study at our home with some of the young girls at church.  How could I say no to that?



Before everyone arrived, the real estate agent had sent a message asking if someone could see our home - right at about the same time the girls would be arriving.  Uh....I did have to say no to that.  But I did say the next day would be okay.  They rescheduled for the next day, and when all was said and done, three agents would actually show our house on Saturday!  I told her we should have just had an open house!

Amelia had a basketball game on Saturday, and the timing was perfect for the agents to come during that time with their clients.


Amelia and Coach Madison

After the game, my BFFs and I went to visit with BF Bonnie's dad, who has been quite sick, and took their family supper.  After that I had to get home and get our own supper ready as it was birthday party time for Madison - #19!





Later that night, after everyone had left, our realtor called and said we had an offer, and it was actually too good to refuse.  

I have to admit that I was in quite a state of shock.  It's been on the market for some time, and I had already settled in my mind that we'd keep it on the market this time until the contract was up and then be done with all that for a while.  

I had a lot of emotions, and then I remembered a blog post I read the other day about grieving seasons of life when they are over, and I decided that's just what I would have to do.  We've got 16 years of memories in this place, and it will be quite sad when we leave and I don't need to pretend that it won't be.  I need to accept that fact, deal with it, and then move on.  

Because there are lots more memories to be made in a new place, and as I keep reminding myself, it's a house.  Not a person. 

But, I'm not going to start packing yet.  The house inspector will be here first thing in the morning, so we'll see how that goes first.  

This week has pretty much been shot regarding New Year's goals (although I'm still on track with my daily Bible reading, and that's most important, right?).  

School has been crazy as well (forgot to mention we spent Sunday afternoon until Monday morning at ER with Brad with severe abdominal pain - thankfully he's better now).  As a friend reminded me (who is also in the moving process right now), we have all summer to catch up! And there's always next week to get back on track, Lord willing!  ;>)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Rhonda. Wish you and your family a very blessed, prosperous and a very Christ centered New year. I am so blessed to know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai, India a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor during their vacation time. We would love to have your grown up ( teen aged) daughters come along with their friends to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you and your family.

    ReplyDelete