Tuesday, June 2, 2015

New Home Progress

Unfortunately, under the subject "New Home Progress," there's not a whole lot to report.  We've found ourselves at a standstill, and I'm sure there's a very good reason for that - that we may or may not see down the road.  Maybe Brad and I are in need of more patience, and this is a good tool for that? (I chuckled as I wrote that.  Who isn't in need of more patience?)  Maybe something we need at a certain time is going to come at a better opportunity later than sooner?  Who knows.....but I pray it all starts coming together real soon.

In the meantime, here's what April/May brought about ----->

We had the land surveyed and we're waiting on the surveyor to return the work on that...... (patience....ugh)

and our architect is almost finished with drawing up our home plans.

We went ahead and had the house site cleared - along with a back yard area - and that's the biggest visible sign of progress that has done my heart good.





I had some "before" pictures, but when I downloaded them to Picasa, the program crashed - deleting the photos - and I had already deleted them from my camera card....so that's that.

I pray June is a month that brings more progress.  I feel like, weather cooperating, the process should go fairly quickly once we get started.  We've chosen a very simple house plan - almost a square (so I guess that makes it a rectangle - LOL!) - with a basement that will be partly finished and the other side used for storage.

Our plan is to utilize every square inch of living space - unlike our previous home (my uncle did our sheetrock for us on that home, and he commented that it was one of the most cut up homes he'd ever seen - he wasn't lying).

As we wait, I'm trying to pare down our "stuff" even more and read about and be encouraged by others who are doing the same.  I've realized that I'm one of those people who have held on to some things just because of feeling guilty about getting rid of it.

"Thank you" to whoever told me it was okay to get rid of that stuff and to not feel guilty about it. 

So there you have it.  I'm very thankful and excited about this opportunity to simplify our lives in different ways, and I'm looking forward to when we reach the end of this season to looking back and seeing God's hand in the process.  I certainly did 16 years ago - the last time we did this - and I have no doubt we'll see it again. :>)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts