Wednesday, September 13, 2017

A Georgia Landmark

Cari, #2, is a movie-watching girl.  In fact, she has big plans of being in a movie one day.  {Well, actually, I guess she's fulfilled that - in a way.  With Atlanta becoming a booming location for the film industry, she's had the opportunity to be an extra in a couple of things.}

One of her all-time favorites is Fried Green Tomatoes, which was filmed here in GeorgiaI had mentioned in an earlier post that she had wanted to go on an adventure to find the restaurant featured in FGT, and we were able to go that day.

The restaurant is called the Whistle Stop Café, so I looked up the address and we headed that direction.  I much prefer backroads to interstates, so we took that route and casually stopped at some antique stores along the way.

We finally made it around mid afternoon and I was surprised at how crowded it was!  We put our name on the wait list, and they said it would be about a two-hour wait, but I think it ended up being just a little bit over an hour.

There were several small shops to browse through while we waited.  They were wayyyy overpriced, but that's to be expected I suppose.

When we finally got seated, it was near closing time, but they didn't seem in any big hurry to rush us out. 

To begin with, we had to try the fried green tomatoes, and of course, they were probably the best I've ever had. 

Cari and I ordered the Rooster Strips with sides of green beans and garlic mashed potatoes.  Her boyfriend, Hunter, went with us, and he had a hamburger.  It was all quite tasty.

We enjoyed ourselves and left "as full as ticks" as my mother-in-law would say. :D




 



 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts